Saturday, November 22, 2008

memory lane

The memory flash: the comic-strip replay of some far-away experience suddenly so near and real that you feel as if you are re-living it. I've been attacked by them lately, one staged scene after another. Now, before you shove me into the box labeled "crazy people," let me first explain that I imagine my mind's raillery is merely a result of stress. The Holidays are upon us all, the season of joy, the season for stress. My time here is now less than one month, and my life is on the brink of a new direction...once again. Standing at the fork in the road is certainly daunting and sometimes the most confusing moment of the journey. So, one trip down memory lane after another it is.

Sparing details of my life way-back-when, I will simply tell you that I am beginning to understand my own behavioral patterns, my callow attempts at sophistication. As a typical over-analyst, I tend to stress about everything because I try to understand everything. Every minor catastrophe is usually major. But I am beginning to notice that the journey into womanhood is eventually lined with post-traumatic laughter, instead of the normal bucketfuls of tears. Let's try another cliché: it just ain't that bad.

It is true that as my perspective of Him changes, my perspective of what was changes, which changes my perspective of what is and what will be. He casually shifts our mental paradigm and changes our lives forever. Suddenly we don't just see Truth but we can actually focus on it and are enlivened by it. I've told you this already, but I've got to say it again: my life just gets better and better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love a good walk down memory lane! You are in most of those memories!! I can't wait to see you in just a few days! Hugs, Mom